User Review( votes)
Are you unable to keep up with customer demands? Are you finding it difficult to meet delivery requirements? Is factory planning – resource allocation, production capacity, material scheduling, inventory costs, employee activity – a major challenge for you? If the answer to all those questions is a resounding yes, then you should plan to invest in a manufacturing ERP with manufacturing scheduling capabilities. This article throws light on 3 ways how manufacturing scheduling in ERP systems increases efficiency.
Features of Manufacturing scheduling
- Uses a color code system to schedule activities
- Updates material lead times
- Increases plant floor throughput
- Uses drag and drop method to efficiently reschedule activities
- Prioritizes jobs taking market demand into consideration
How manufacturing scheduling in ERP systems helps increase efficiency?
1. Brings the power of integration to a single platform
- You no longer require whiteboards, spreadsheets and any other kind of analog data management system to store business-critical data.
- You can gain access to vital information from a single platform at the touch of a button.
- Manufacturing ERP mitigates information silos by allowing data to be shared with employees across each department.
- This data can be used to create and update customer profiles, keep a close watch over factory throughput, monitor quality control, check the availability of raw materials, vendor management, manufacturing time, etc.
2. Eliminates planning errors
- Apart from monitoring manufacturing assembly lines, a manufacturing ERP also needs to take into account other factors such as shipment dates, inventory management, and items manufactured by sub-assemblies and third-party vendors.
- Manufacturing scheduling in ERP systems stores accurate data for the parameters mentioned in the previous point.
- This removes inaccuracies and eliminates planning errors.
3. Has forecasting and streamlining capabilities
- Manufacturing scheduling does real-time adjustments to handle unforeseen events.
- It enables manufacturing ERP to forecast sales orders, resources required, and costs to be borne based on real-time data.
- It can be easily integrated with Warehouse Management System (WMS) and streamline various important activities such as organizing, planning, staffing, and managing resources.
Manual production techniques pose myriad challenges. They fail to offer a comprehensive solution that can integrate all systems into one platform, eliminate planning errors, and forecast market demand. At Sage, we are home to world-class Manufacturing ERP software that automates scheduling and increases efficiency exponentially. To know more about it, SMS SAGE to 56767. You can also write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Disclaimer: All the information, views and opinions expressed in this blog are those of the authors and their respective web sources and in no way reflect the principles, views or objectives of Sage Software Solutions (P) Ltd.
Spread the love