User Review( votes)
Event management is an expansive industry with multiple layers, complexities, and minor variations. It is also a logistics-heavy industry. All the things that happen, or are planned on the portal, have to be executed in the real world. This naturally makes it harder to keep the digital aspect of things rather difficult to streamline as a business.
When an event management company approached us, they were entirely analog and wished to move their operations online with a portal. They had some very specific requirements. Take a look:
Having successfully run a physical company, this was their first foray into the online world. Their requirements included the following:
- Customers should be able to manage their booking confirmations.
- Customers should be able to edit and update their existing bookings.
- Customers should be able to request new event bookings.
- Customers should be able to view their invoices and download PDFs of the same.
- Customers should be able to view and approve their quotes.
- Customers should be able to check the event availability and book the event without the need to log in.
Considering their requirements, we suggested our PortalXpand, Dynamics 365 Portal. We helped them set it up to fulfill all their requirements; and customized the workflow as needed. Now they can use the portal to get the most out of it:
- Log in to the portal and make an event booking request from the portal where they need to provide the event information in the form, which will be added to the CRM.
- Check the availability of the event rooms dynamically based on the filter criteria.
- Get the option to compare the rates based on the dates and add-ons (Based on the percentage of rooms available, the rates will be dynamically reflected on the portal).
- Check the add-on facilities for the particular event room booking.
- Pay online for the event directly from the portal with Bpoint and Stripe payment gateways.
- Once they make the payment, confirmation will be shown on the portal.
- Update their existing event details from the portal, which will be reflected in CRM.
- View their invoices with an option to download them as PDFs.
- Share the quotes with the portal users, which portal users can accept/reject.
How Did This Help?
With the help of this portal, the company’s customers can interact with them digitally, thus expanding their reach.
The post Streamlined logistics with our Dynamics portal solution for an event management company appeared first on CRM Software Blog | Dynamics 365.