User Review( votes)
The latest release wave for Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central is now rolling out, and with it a range of updates that should benefit users, developers, and system administrators. Dynamics NAV and BC veteran Kim Congleton of New View Strategies has been busy examining the new updates and helping the community understand how to make use of the improvements. She recently wrote about the system administration enhancements and followed that up with a webcast presentation for MSDW readers. We caught up with Kim for this podcast episode to dig into a few more details of the new release wave as well as to talk about how Business Central has evolved as a new offering, how her firm has experienced the pandemic, and her expectations for the future.
- 3:00 – How to approach the new features and information that arrive in each release wave for business Central
- 5:30 – Read-only performance for reports
- 7:15 – Buying added storage capacity in the cloud
- 10:30 – How do you deal with NAV historical data when moving to BC?
- 14:00 – Restoring environments
- 17:30 – Why BC really is a separate product from NAV
- 19:00 – Impressions on the first iteration of the Teams app for BC and where it might go next
- 22:30 – Events and batch processing
- 24:30 – Power BI scenarios for BC
- 26:30 – Other Microsoft services Kim is looking ahead to.
- 30:00 – Observations on training investment by NAV and BC customers
- 32:00 – Why the Microsoft Ideas site is useful