User Review( votes)
Editor’s Note: This episode is sponsored by Ingram Micro Cloud.
The coronavirus pandemic has become a core element of Microsoft’s FY21 cloud strategy. And the company now expects their partners to align with goals around remote and returning workers, industry specialization, and digital transformation.
While that vision rings true in many ways, it presents challenges for sellers in the Microsoft channel who need to adapt what they sell and how they sell it. Mark Stuyt, chief engagement officer at Neural Impact, a sales and marketing consulting firm that applies behavioral economics, neuroscience, and persuasion psychology to the customer acquisition process, joins us to talk about the transformation that sales teams themselves should consider to close new business in this challenging climate.
Some selling techniques remain unchanged today, but Mark also emphasizes novel tactics like selling via Teams, using video at key times, thinking more about the advantages of industry specialization.
To learn more about today’s sponsor, Ingram Micro, and their partner services please visit https://microsoft.ingrammicrocloud.com/dynamics/.
- 2:45 – How the pandemic has impacted organizations’ investment decisions around tech
- 4:00 – Unconscious decision making by buyers that leads to selecting a partner
- 6:30 – Stresses of selling without the traditional early impressions of face to face meetings
- 8:00 – The range of ways to take advantage of video, and how it taps into buyer psychology
- 11:00 – Strategies that sales are using today to tap into video
- 17:20 – Why should a sales team say yes to an industry?
- 20:30 – The disadvantage that broadly-based partners will face over the next 12 to 18 months compared with industry-focused partners.
- 22:30 – Why now is the time to be bold in selling
- 24:30 – The challenge of driving an emotional connection with prospects and customers.
- 26:30 – The role that Microsoft Surface Hub can play for partners.
- 28:00 – Neural Impact’s work with Ingram Micro to develop tools to help partners sell remotely