User Review( votes)
Regardless of industry, most businesses – including many of our own clients – are focused on enhancing the customer experience they deliver. Indeed, it comes as no surprise that improving customer service is consistently identified as a key priority in every industry we serve.
The reason is as simple as it is obvious: customer expectations have skyrocketed in recent years. Because a person can get same-day delivery on millions of products ordered on the internet, customers of all industries are demanding equivalently excellent service. Fortunately, the available technology to meet those demands is evolving in lockstep with escalating consumer expectations.
So, what are the new expectation consumers are demanding?
- More speed! Customers now expect basic service requests to be completed in real-time.
- More convenience! This includes technology solutions like bots, chats, apps, and more.
- More accuracy! To deliver here, businesses must collect, securely store, and immediately recall all data related to each customer.
- More familiarity! The baseline is recognizing a customer on the telephone within the first few seconds of a call – differentiation comes in the form of having real-time access to each customer’s past purchases and requests for service.
To mitigate the risk of losing a customer to an industry competitor offering speed, convenience, accuracy, and familiarity, businesses are searching for future-ready, omni-channel customer experience technology solutions – and a perfect example is Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Customer Service. Dynamics 365 delivers innovation, enabling organizations to differentiate themselves in the eyes of their customers. Let’s look at a few examples across various industries:
- Oil and Gas service companies require real-time access to technology changes and updates in order to be able to deliver adaptability on oil rigs. “Time is money” applies to all industries, of course, but perhaps to none more so than oil and gas: every minute a rig is down is costing the company and its customers money. Enter Dynamics 365 for Field Service. This solution ensures real-time access to the information needed to keep rigs running with little to no downtime. Down the line, that means lower prices and ultimately a better customer experience.
- Manufacturing companies are using self-service portals ( a component of Dynamics 365) to gain real-time insight into available inventory. These portals are so easy to use that they are changing this industry for the better when it comes to convenience – for employees, distribution vendors, and consumers alike.
- Utilities companies rely on customer engagement to identify upsell and cross-sell opportunities, as well as new products and service offerings. This has a direct impact on the company’s bottom line. Dynamics 365 offers a solution where all customer information is available in real-time in a centralized database; it delivers efficient and reliable lead management and automates the marketing process; it empowers field workers with mobile capabilities; and it streamlines the process for acquiring and analyzing feedback from customers, which leads directly to the enablement of excellent, real-time service delivery.
Please read our Customer Care eBook to continue exploring how Dynamics 365 and Microsoft Business Applications are changing the way businesses across all industries are meeting extraordinary customer demands and delivering a consistently excellent consumer experience.