User Review( votes)
Only a few decades ago, if a customer wanted to contact a company, they really only had one option: the phone. Today’s customers have a myriad of options available: phone calls, texting, email, live chat, social media—the list is endless.
With a number of channels available, it’s not only crucial for companies to remain active on each one, but to ensure each platform provides consistent and personalized customer service. Companies that provide this support retain 89% of their customers according to an Aberdeen Group report. For many companies, delivering this exceptional support starts with implementing an omnichannel experience.
In this article, we’ll show how Microsoft Dynamics 365 (D365) provides a superior omnichannel customer service experience and how to optimize its features for maximum results.
Omnichannel vs. Multichannel
Omnichannel and multichannel customer service are used interchangeably, so it’s important to understand the difference between the two.
Multichannel customer service is when a company is present everywhere their customers are, including websites, applications, and social media. However, while a company may be active on these accounts, they are not connected. Customers may be able to contact a company via social media, but they are not able to continue this conversation on a separate platform.
Omnichannel bridges this gap and provides customers with consistent and seamless customer service. Every interaction a customer has with your company is saved and utilized from channel to channel.
For example, someone who has contacted your customer service team via live chat can continue the same conversation over SMS text messages without repeating information. This approach enables your representatives to provide personalized support on each of your company channels.
Building an Omnichannel Customer Service Experience within Dynamics 365
Designing omnichannel customer service within D365 begins with configuring each of your platforms together. Thanks to the flexibility and customization within the solution, you can easily configure common platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, WhatsApp, live chat, WeChat, text messages, and more. Once configured, data flows freely between each one.
This configuration essentially brings all customer data onto a single platform. Now, customer service representatives can view and access previous customer communications and provide better, more responsive support. As a result, customer queries are answered more quickly which increases satisfaction.
Along with integration with commonly used platforms, D365 provides the following omnichannel features:
- Predefined messages that representatives can utilize to answer frequently asked customer questions.
- Note capturing within a separate pane. Representatives can make notes during a customer interaction which are then saved to a customer’s file and can be shared with fellow agents.
- Searchable and shareable knowledge base articles that can be accessed and viewed during customer calls.
- Chat widgets that are customized across company channels.
- Robust security features that ensure only authorized users are accessing and viewing customer or company information.
- Proactive chats that automatically invite users to join.
- Pre-chat questionnaires to help agents gain additional context around customer questions or issues. Each survey is saved and attached to a customer’s file.
- Customizable workstreams that determine how and where conversations should be routed.
- The ability to work with virtual agents.
- Skills-based routing which ensures the right representative is resolving an issue.
Enjoy Customized Support from JourneyTEAM
The benefits of creating an omnichannel experience are endless. It positions your company for future success, increases customer retention and satisfaction rates, and boosts productivity among your customer service agents. But building an omnichannel environment can be difficult, especially if you’re looking to unite a number of systems.
To help you in your digital journey, contact JourneyTEAM. Whether you’re just getting started or want to upgrade your existing strategy, we’ll provide the exact level of support you need. Contact a representative today to get started.
The post Create a Seamless Omnichannel Customer Service Experience Using Microsoft Dynamics 365 appeared first on CRM Software Blog | Dynamics 365.