User Review( votes)
Continuing our previous posts on Custom API
Here we will look at the CustomAPIRequestParameter entity.
- This entity can be used to define input parameters to the Custom API.
- It is not a mandatory entity for Custom API i.e. we can define a custom API without any input/request or output/response parameter.
- In the case of multiple parameters, ordering is not important as they are identified using the name.
- One parameter can be associated with only one Custom API.
- We can have multiple parameters with the same Unique Name as long as they are associated with different Custom API.
Say e.g. below is our Custom API
And this is our Custom API Request Parameter associated with the above API of type String
The different data type for the request parameter
Below is our plugin registered for the custom message.
We are checking for the input parameter and writing it in the trace log.
Let us call our custom API
And let us check the plugin trace logs.
We can see the message being called successfully.
Get more details –
Hope it helps..