User Review( votes)
This podcast episode is sponsered by HCL-PowerObjects.
As the Microsoft Power Platform has enjoyed greater adoption, the challenges of managing security, governance, data migration, licensing and other needs have gained greater urgency for customers.
John Doris and Jamie Barker of HCL-PowerObjects join us to discuss their experiences working with a wide variety of organizations that have been investing in the Power Platform to modernize their systems and processes. We dive into the most common challenges as well as other considerations that both partners and customers are dealing with like the future of front office and back office applications, the impact of Microsoft Teams, and Jamie and John’s experiences helping organizations build a Center of Excellence.
- 2:45 – Judging and measuring growth of Power Platform in the last year
- 5:45 – How the pandemic impacted PowerObjects customers’ priorities around collaboration and automation
- 7:15 – Why a Modern Workplace are taking a stronger interest in use of Power Platform and Teams
- 11:30 – Organizational challenge: finding a balance of front office and back office support
- 13:00 – The varying approaches to governance and IT fundamentals with Power Platform
- 16:00 – Challenges that customers should be considering next: onboarding, app evaluation, and more
- 18:00 – Encouraging app makers to be innovative while also taking advantage of reusable components and following development best practices
- 22:30 – Center of Excellence: What it takes to plan for creating one properly
- 24:00 – How do organizations work with a Microsoft service provider when they need help with Power Platform development?
- 27:45 – Measuring end users’ happiness with the apps and flows they get from citizen developers
- 33:00 – Discovery tools: Know when to retire, replace, augment, or keep them
- 36:00 – Dealing with the end of life of SharePoint 2010 workflows and replacing them with Power Automate flows
- 41:15 – What can organizations expect in licensing for Power Platform elements?
- 44:45 – License consumption strategies
- 48:00 – How to get in touch with Jamie & John