User Review( votes)
In today’s blog, I am going to tell you about how to quickly create an Email template.
Many times we write emails with the content that we think we will need in the future. However, after writing the email we realize that it would have been better if we had created an email template as a reference.
Now in Dynamics 365, this is possible. Suppose you always want to send a Welcome Email to the new Customers for choosing you for your product or service.
You can write a standard email for this and after you have finished drafting the Email, you can convert it into an email template by using the button Convert to an email template as shown below.
On click of Convert to an email template, a popup is seen wherein you need to fill in the details to create the template.
1. Template Name: Name that you want to give to the template. Example: Welcome Aboard
2. Permission Level: There are 2 options in this
- Individual – If an individual is selected then the template can be used only by the user who created it.
- Organization – If Organization is selected then the template can be used by all the users in the organization.
3. Category: This is also an option set. You can select which entities you want to create the template for.
To create a Global template, you need to choose User in the Category option.
4. Language – Select which language you want to use to create the email template.
After entering the details click on Convert, the email template is ready. You can make any further changes to the template like Inserting dynamic text or adding attachments, editing signatures, and so on.
Now you can see the template is available in the list of available templates for Account entity which is ready to use.
Note: Convert to email template button is seen only if the user is having a security role that has access to the Email template and this feature is available from the latest version of Dynamics 365.
Convert to an email template is a quick way to create an email template.