User Review( votes)
Samuel Adranyi is a Microsoft MVP who brings his expertise to the local, regional, and international Microsoft Azure and Power Platform communities. He tells us about his own professional development, the decision to move back to his home country of Ghana from a role in the US, and what he is doing today to encourage others to gain expertise in Microsoft technology. He has organized local events, he mentors students on developing their professional skills, and he is an active content creator across his own blog and podcast, as well as on YouTube and other social media.
We talk about how he has focused his community efforts since returning to Ghana, some of the most promising tech for students and others looking to gain new professional skills, making cloud technology more accessible in Ghana, and Samuel’s experiences as an MVP so far.
- 2:00 – About Samuel’s community activities, professional interests, and moving back to Ghana from the US
- 4:30 – On making an impact in the West Africa Microsoft community
- 7:00 – How Samuel got interested in IoT
- 9:30 – What is the IoT readiness level of organizations today?
- 11:30 – Bringing IoT to Power Platform
- 14:30 – Samuel’s award-winning COVID-19 IoT solution
- 18:15 – Making cloud tech more accessible in Ghana – payment method challenges, Azure data center proximity
- 21:00 – Traction in the Microsoft developer community
- 22:45 – Samuel’s podcast featuring young technologists from Africa and around the world
- 27:30 – On becoming an MVP, ramping up podcast and video efforts.