User Review( votes)
User experience has slowly turned out to be one of the most important components for improving user satisfaction. It does this by making features more interactive and accessible to users. A personalized experience pays off in the digital world. It gives control in the hands of the customer and makes them feel as if the application has been made keeping their likes in mind. This article talks about how companies can increase user engagement by adopting a personalization strategy and make customers revisit their applications again and again.
1. Simplify the user journey: According to a study, humans have less attention span than the notoriously ill-focused goldfish. What does this tell? This tells that if your website or mobile applications aren’t user friendly, customers will waste no time to log out and move to your competitor’s website. Here are two ways to simplify the user journey by increasing user engagement.
- Linear User flow: This feature gives a specific meaning to the beginning, middle, and end of each step that allows users to complete the task conveniently. It also designates the approximate time needed to finish each of those steps.
- Progressive disclosure: A website or mobile application has multiple features – user data fields, newsletter subscription, dialogue boxes, hyperlinks, pictures, animations, etc. – but it’s not advisable to show them all at once. A better way would be to reveal information progressively.
The progressive disclosure technique learns about the users’ preferences as they browse through the website and then reveals information one by one. This provides a personalized experience and holds the user’s interest.
2. Authenticating user identity through biometric methods
In the last few years, biometric authentication technology has grown by leaps and bounds. And it can be used in different ways to provide a personalized experience to your customers. Following points explore how:
- Facial Recognition: It refers to verifying the identity of a person through their facial patterns and gestures. This includes iris detection, skin tone detection, etc. It has come to the fore mainly because of its contactless and non-invasive process. Apple’s Face ID is an example of a technological marvel that automatically adapts to changes in a person’s facial appearance. It can be used to unlock the phone and also to authorize purchases from the App store.
- Voice Recognition: It refers to authenticating the identity of a person through voice. It recognizes the tone, timbre, and pitch of a person’s voice and stores it in the database. The voice can then be used to write without the use of a keyboard and perform operations without pressing any buttons. Google’s voice recognition software is one such tool that allows users to write – both short-form and long-form formats – with ease and make the best use of their time.
Facial recognition and voice recognition technologies should top the list of your personalization strategy. If implemented correctly, your customer retention will reach new heights.
3. Provide a content-centered experience
The famous adage “Content is the King” rightly depicts how excellent content can turn the tables for your business. And if it’s curated according to your customer’s preferences, then you are already leading the customer engagement battle upfront. Following are a few ways in which you can do so:
- Cut the clutter: Instead of bombarding the customer with unwanted content, your focus should be on providing the material that they are searching for as quickly as possible. Content Relevancy is the litmus test for providing a personalized experience to your customers. You should periodically check whether your website/mobile applications is/are cluttered with undesired pictures, audios, advertisements, graphics, and animations. To increase user engagement, you should prioritize the important ones and remove the rest.
- Optimize mobile applications: Earlier, operating websites on mobiles were a tiresome job. Unappealing UI and slow interfaces contributed to a bad experience. But with improvement in UI/UX technology, times have changed. With improved frame rates, borderless screens, and content optimization techniques, it’s easier to use websites.
A well thought out personalization strategy is the need of the hour. It ensures that you provide a seamless experience to your customers on various platforms and also allows them to search for information interactively. This increases customer stickiness and ultimately provides better business opportunities.
At Sage Software, we are home to world-class ERP and CRM software. We make it easy for you to conduct business and build strong and long-lasting relationships with your customers. To know more about it, SMS SAGE to 56767. You can also write to us at email@example.com.
Disclaimer: All the information, views and opinions expressed in this blog are those of the authors and their respective web sources and in no way reflect the principles, views or objectives of Sage Software Solutions (P) Ltd.
Spread the love