User Review( votes)
Editor’s Note: This episode is sponsored by DXC Technology.
Companies say they want off-the-shelf software, but the reality is that most products can’t meet the needs of a sophisticated enterprise without some amount of enhancement. On this episode we assemble a round table of experts from DXC Technology to dive into the common challenges and questions around investing in custom software development. Our guests, delivery manager Mindy Waters, enterprise integration expert Keith Honkonen, vice president of software engineering Will Wirtz, and sales director David LaMarre, discuss software requirements definition, roadmap development, and how to build atop off-the-shelf or bridge the gap between solutions.
And they explore why software development fits in more naturally with application modernization efforts than many enterprise or mid-sized organizations might think.
If you’d like to speak with our guests or learn more about DXC Technology and how they can help your organization move your business applications from on-premise to the cloud, you can reach them at phone no#: 877-651-6193 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 2:30 – In what cases should today’s enterprise software buyer be thinking about custom development?
- 5:45 – Examples of when an off-the-shelf Dynamics solution can benefit from solution development
- 9:00 – Application modernization
- 14:00 – Moving from on-prem to cloud and why it’s not just about cost
- 15:30 – The struggle of finding a balance between legacy applications and new development
- 18:00 – Tips to get started defining their needs and building a solution roadmap
- 23:00 – Bringing an agile mindset to solution development projects
- 26:00 – How to measure success in deploying custom solutions