User Review( votes)
Editor’s Note: This episode is sponsored by PowerObjects.
The Power Platform has evolved into a collection of services underpinning everything about Microsoft’s Business Applications suite. First-party apps like Dynamics 365 Sales and Customer Service are really Power Apps now, but so are the thousands of custom applications, automated processes, and dashboards built by and for customers.
Our guests on this episode are Avni Pandya, Merlin Schwaiger, and Dave Kuntz of PowerObjects and they discuss how organizations that use the Power Platform should approach critical components of any development project like user adoption, app development, and data protection.
They also share lessons from the field about learning how to use tools like Power Apps and Power Automate, mitigating risk, and some success stories.
Learn more about PowerObjects’ training on organizational adoption and governance of Microsoft’s Power Platform.
- 5:00 – How to begin understanding the Power Platform
- 11:30 – Protecting your data.
- 19:00 – The benefit of a common database to build upon
- 22:00 – Assigning responsibility to your users for building, with guardrails
- 23:30 – How to encourage use in places with resistance?
- 27:00 – A story of the benefits of modernizing a carpet company
- 33:30 – A key benefit of asking your team to help define the apps they need: ownership
- 34:45 – The limitations of the citizen developer’s skills and involvement
- 36:00 – Other app examples