User Review( votes)
With Wave 2 of the Microsoft Dynamics 365 2019 release coming up at the beginning of October, many users and partners are wondering what to expect from updates to applications they use. As a national Gold Microsoft Partner representing Microsoft Dynamics 365 ERP and customer engagement solutions, Turnkey Technologies stays up on the latest news regarding these products.
This release will feature hundreds of enhancements and added capabilities across all Dynamics 365 applications. Several of these enhancements will involve artificial intelligence and mixed reality features (you can read about some of these features in our blog AI and Mixed Reality in Microsoft Dynamics 365). Other enhancements will relate to user experience, performance improvements and integrations.
Below, is a high-level overview of upcoming enhancements to Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations. This overview is based on release notes from Microsoft, which were last updated on August 28, 2019.
You can read about all Dynamics 365 enhancements in Microsoft’s official PDF.
Enhancements to Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations
According to Microsoft, the enhancements to Microsoft Dynamics 365 Finance and Operations will help users further digitally transform their organizations at their own pace. Users will be able to opt into new capabilities at their discretion, allowing them to make incremental improvements that will increase ROI and profitability.
Updates to Finance and Operations will encompass:
Cloud Operations and Lifecycle Services
- Expanded availability of Finance and Operations into new geographic territories
- Self-service capabilities within Lifecycle Services (such as self-service deployments)
Data and Process Integration
- Ability to trigger and monitor flows directly from Finance and Operations
- Seamless data exchange with Common Data Service
- Enhancements to intelligent data analysis that enable quick, strategic decision making
- New transaction types for journal scenarios with accompanying changes to data model
- Fixed-assets solution that automates reporting on asset leasing
- Continuous regulatory updates
- Configurable business document localization for customers who deploy globally
- Simplified storage, handling and sharing for Regulatory Configuration Services (RCS) feature
- Improvements to view functionality, filtering and batch management
- Developer tools that evaluate implementations and block custom packages that could negatively affect production environment deployment
- Lifecycle Services cross-project workspace
- Microsoft Power Platform integration with project, inventory, sales, procurement and financials
- Ability to remove project group dependency from project
- Ability to remove project type dependency from project
Supply Chain Management
- Trade, product information and inventory management functionality expansion
- Warehouse management (catch weight feature enhancements, warehouse automation and spatial data analytics with Microsoft HoloLens)
- Manufacturing and planning optimization with Microsoft Azure IoT (Internet of Things)
For a detailed, granular breakdown of enhancements to Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations, see Microsoft’s online release notes.
Stay tuned for news on other Dynamics 365 applications this release will impact. Our next blog entry will cover Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central!
Learn how Turnkey Technologies can increase your bottom line with Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations »