User Review( votes)
Requirement: In one of the recent requirements, it was required to create multiple BU (more than 1000).
Solution: Business unit is also an entity in Dynamics 365 and can be imported. Follow below steps to import multiple BU
1. In this example we will create multiple BU’s under the BU’s highlighted in the screenshot:
2. Take an excel sheet and mark the Business unit name and Parent Business unit name:
3. Navigate to Settings->Data Management->Imports and click on Import Data:
4. Choose the excel sheet saved and Click on Next:
5. On Next step, Click the next button again:
6. Select Default on the Data map screen and again click Next:
7. Map entity name as Business unit on this step and Click Next:
8. Review the mapped fields and Click on Next:
9. Review mapping summary and Click on Next:
10. Review the summary and click Submit:
11. Navigate to Settings->Security->Business unit after some time and Notice that required BU have been created:
Hope it helps and happy 365ing!
Any problem in CRM – end user,Microsoft partner or an individual?
Problem Area – Technical, Functional, Training, Development or consulting?
I am here to help, get in touch here: Click here
ABOUT THE AUTHOR:
Google Play Store: