User Review( votes)
The success of any organization depends on their business-critical applications. IT departments are finding themselves overwhelmed trying to keep up with the integration of CRM, both cloud and on-premises, along with supporting tools and connectors. Keeping up with technologies and applications is difficult in this ever-changing environment; finding expert talent for support can make things even harder. That’s why organizations are turning to Managed Services Providers (MSP) for help with their Dynamics Application Management Lifecycle.
What is a Managed Services Provider?
Application Management Lifecycle is the management of an organization’s application operation, maintenance, upgrades, and system performance throughout an application’s lifecycle.
Managed Services are used to outsource some or all an organization’s IT responsibilities, such as application management, to a reliable third party (a Managed Services Provider or MSP).
Competency Center (or Center for Excellence) is a group of committed IT consulting resources with specialized skillsets there to provide knowledge and guidance and to assist with both reactive and proactive support needs.
Reactive Support is needed when a concern occurs in normal day-to-day operations. The end-user would submit a support ticket requesting assistance.
Proactive Support is needed so that the Competency Center Team can anticipate a possible issue and schedules a service event to prevent interruption of operations. This could potentially be for database tuning and performance monitoring and training or the pre-scheduling of environment management activity or data refreshing of non-production environments.
A Service Level Agreement (or SLA) is a written agreement between a service provider and the client. This warrants their service performance to the client including, but not limited to, quality, readiness and response time, uptime, and number of outages.
Experts who understand not only the system, but the hosting environment, and the ins and outs of system performance are invaluable to a company when installing intricate business applications. IT staff must be available to move forward with new technology. To do that and remain current on applications and their integration requires more time than they have to spare.
Managed Services providers offer expert assistance and guidance in these and other areas (upgrades, migrations, optimizations, help desk support, etc.), freeing the internal IT staff to focus on big-picture initiatives.
Advantages of Managed Services for Application Management Lifecycle Support
- You have access to experts trained in your business application who can identify opportunities and best practices, allowing you to become more proactive in leveraging the full potential of your application.
- You have the freedom to make your IT spend a manageable monthly fee by paying only for services you need.
- As opposed to attempting to keep up in house, an MSP allows for the outsourcing of the maintenance and search for needed talent.
- An MSP is typically more cost effective than an internal IT team.
- Most MSPs are better equipped for tasks like the maintenance of service levels, security, and system performance and monitoring.
- Due to time constraints, important routine maintenance tasks can end up being delayed. With an MSP, you can be assured these tasks are taken care of.
- MSPs are staffed with technical, functional, and solution talent to traverse the full range of an application.
Connect with HSO Managed Services for Your Dynamics CRM Application Management
HSO’s Managed Services team has been successfully supporting Microsoft Dynamics CRM implementations for more than 20 years. Our expertise in Dynamics, along with our ability to take advantage of the capabilities of the Microsoft Azure environment and the Power Platform can help pave the way forward to a smooth digital transformation.
HSO offers several support levels to ensure you get what you need:
- Having HSO manage some or all the responsibility for your Microsoft Dynamics products allows you to focus on growth or other strategic initiatives.
- HSO’s Competency Center is there to handle your Dynamics Application Management responsibilities and support your Dynamics CRM instance if you’re running on the cloud.
Schedule a complimentary Dynamics application management discovery call today.
During this call, be prepared to share with us where you are today with your application management and what you want from your application management partner.
The post Use Managed Services for Your CRM Application Management Lifecycle appeared first on CRM Software Blog | Dynamics 365.