User Review( votes)
- Editor’s Note: This episode is sponsored by Cincom.
Two decades ago, many product companies started their digital journeys with a brochure-style web site. Back then, a static online product list may have met customer expectations, but today’s buyers expect something more. On this episode we talk with Greg Hall, director of product management at Cincom about buyer experiences, the state of the CPQ market, and his observations on how buyer and seller priorities have changed over time.
Hall foresees more complex products and services, even products sold primarily as services, using CPQ technology to engage customers earlier in the buying process and more holistically throughout it.
Want to see how CPQ can help you? Visit cincom.com/cpqsync to learn more.
- 1:30 – Introduction to Greg and a bit about Cincom’s 50+ year history
- 3:30 – Evolution from “brochure” web sites to digital selling
- 9:30 – Buying journeys: Why simple and complex can exist side by side, and how it continues to change
- 13:00 – Representing a complex product across a sales process
- 15:15 – Other ways to enhance sales processes
- 17:00 – The creative ways companies use CPQ tools, including in services-based businesses
- 20:30 – Digital maturity levels and what is next for CPQ users
- 23:00 – Which organizations are ready to operate in a data-driven culture
- 24:30 – Prioritizing investments in digital commerce
- 27:30 – Why CPQ adoption is still in the early stages across the broader marketplace
- 28:30 – What else Greg is watching in the broader enterprise software market