User Review( votes)
In this week’s Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central blog roundup:
- Removing access to general ledger entries with standard permission sets in Business Central
- Managing multiple companies in D365 Business Central
- Simplify purchasing and procurement in your supply chain operations in Dynamics NAV or Business Central
- New dimension correction tool in Business Central version 18
- Performance tuning your NAV or Business Central ERP: The difference between on premises and cloud (SaaS)
Removing access to general ledger entries with standard permission sets in Dynamics 365 Business Central
Writing on the RSM blog, Spencer Coulter noted that if you’ve implemented Dynamics NAV or Dynamics 365 Business Central you’ve heard the requirement, “But they shouldn’t be able to see general ledger details” as many times as you’ve implemented the product.
Although you may have tried a number of things to remedy the situation, you can do it just using base system security functionality and some filters once you understand the process, Coulter stated.
In his blog post, Coulter explained the process to remove access to general ledger entries with standard permission sets.
Managing multiple companies in Dynamics 365 Business Central
An author writing on the Syvantis Technologies blog pointed out that many organizations support multiple companies and have users who process data, documents, and other tasks from multiple companies within the organization.