User Review( votes)
Note: This episode is sponsored by Avanade. Learn more about Power Platform at Avanade here.
Venkat Rao, Power Platform go to market lead for North America at Avanade, joins us for a conversation following up on his recent five part article series on the Power Platform and its role in supporting the evolution of business applications. (Check out parts one, two, three, four, and five.)
Enterprise-grade systems like Dynamics 365 applications are here to stay. But, Venkat believes, thanks to low-code tools organizations can now expect to give more app development and process engineering responsibility back to their workers. Much of Venkat’s writing has examined the opportunity for newcomers to the Power Platform, and in this episode he talks about both onboarding new users and working with experienced teams. He reflects on recent customer successes in areas like managing the return to work, mixed reality, and initiatives to empower citizen developers.
- 1:30 – Making sense of what Power Platform is and how to approach it for the first time
- 5:00 – Thinking about low-code and no-code solutions as a technology segment
- 7:30 – The importance of considering complex software requirements when evaluating low-code solutions
- 9:30 – Venkat’s evolving professional focus, from Dynamics CRM to Power Platform
- 14:30 – What it looks like to scale up Power Platform initiatives across an organization
- 18:00 – The frequent challenge of bringing a Power Apps deployment back under control after rapid spread
- 21:00 – The Power Platform Center of Excellence (CoE) starter kit – Venkat’s views on its usefulness
- 24:30 – How organizations build upon the CoE starter kit
- 27:00 – How Power Platform and HoloLens 2 work together
- 33:30 – Is RPA mundane or amazing?
- 36:00 – Looking ahead: New technology Avanade clients are excited about