User Review( votes)
The Microsoft channel is ever-changing, and ISVs can spend considerable time optimizing their approach based on the latest incentives, rules, restrictions, and opportunities. Microsoft MVP Steve Mordue joins the podcast once again to talk about some of the latest updates that he is paying attention to in the Power Platform and Dynamics 365 space.
Steve is the founder of the ISV business RapidStartCRM, and he is a popular blogger in the channel community. He has also started a new site, ISVConnectED, a private community for ISVs who want to talk channel strategy and tactics and otherwise compare notes and network. We discuss Microsoft’s current partner programs that impact the Dynamics channel, opportunities around Power Platform, including Dataverse, the risks ISVs face when Microsoft builds similar IP, and what the Salesforce-Slack deal means for Microsoft.
- 1:30 – Microsoft’s ISV programs and why Steve started ISVConnectED
- 3:45 – Why Steve writes about the state of the Microsoft channel and why it continues to create complexity
- 6:30 – The complexities of Microsoft programs like Direct CSP, and the importance of large CSPs today
- 15:30 – Power Platform – the business model and special offers
- 20:00 – Microsoft’s efforts on industry solutions and what it means for vertical-focused ISVs
- 24:00 – Working in Microsoft’s shadow as an ISV – searching for white space
- 28:45 – Encouraging news on AppSource
- 33:00 – Dataverse rollout
- 36:30 – Why Dataverse is so important to Teams and Microsoft 365
- 43:00 – New opportunities for custom Power Platform development and the importance of governance
- 46:00 – The Slack acquisition by Salesforce
- 48:30 – How Microsoft competes with Salesforce
- 54:00 – Microsoft’s current approach to business applications acquisitions