User Review( votes)
Microsoft Lists: An In-Depth Look at the Latest Tool from Microsoft
You rely on your ERP system to keep the millions of amounts of data you’re collecting organized and accessible; yet, you may be lacking a tool that allows you to track the progress of specific tasks and projects. That’s where Microsoft Lists, the newest tool from Microsoft, can help.
Microsoft Lists has recently replaced SharePoint Lists and optimized many of its features, creating a smarter, more flexible information tracking tool. In this article, we’ll provide an overview of Lists, discuss its features, and its benefits.
A Closer Look at Lists
With so much information coming into your business each day, you need a tool that can help you better manage and organize information, which is what Lists does. Using customizable templates and views, you can coordinate tasks, track information throughout your company, and manage routines, inventory, issues, and contacts with ease. If you need to inform staff members about changing deadlines, important meetings, or new information, you can do so using the rules and alerts tools. Lists also features the same business complaisance and powerful security as other Microsoft applications.
The biggest difference between Microsoft Lists and Microsoft ToDo is that Lists is a much smarter and powerful tool than Lists. Plus, Lists is only available as part of a Microsoft 365 subscription whereas ToDo is available to all.
Lists Features and Capabilities
Microsoft is always looking to expand and improve existing technology, meaning Lists users can expect to see additional features in the future. As of now, here are some of the features within Lists:
- Smart, flexible templates for all platforms.
- Agile rules and notifications to keep teams in sync and help staff meet deadlines.
- Native integration that can be embedded in a channel.
- Create views, rules, and filters, define choices, and build or edit links.
- Seamless Power Platform integration.
- Construct lists or import data from an existing Excel spreadsheet. These lists can then be customized with new rules, views, or formats.
- Write and edit personal lists which are shareable with other team members.
- Keep projects and tasks organized and on schedule with alerts and reminders.
Microsoft Lists is a powerful project management tool that keeps information and data organized with little coding, allowing you to create smart business solutions.
Choose From Four Different Views
After you’ve installed Lists, you’ll have access to the four different views. These include: grid, list, calendar, and gallery.
- Grid: This is Lists’ default view. It arranges information or data into rows and columns which are easily edited as needed. If your team deals with constant changes and needs to update information quickly, this is the best view to use.
- List: Similar to SharePoint Lists and the grid view, information is organized into rows and columns. However, this view does not have point and click capabilities, meaning it can take longer to edit information.
- Calendar: If your team is driven heavily by deadlines and schedules, calendar view is for you. Tasks and projects are displayed on a calendar, giving team members a comprehensive view of a project.
- Gallery: When you’re working on a task that features a lot of images, take advantage of the gallery view. Using this view, you can arrange information in a card to display information or data within rows.
Lists is an incredibly flexible and customizable tool and is designed to meet the needs of your team. While you may only have four views to choose from, each one can be modified further. Within each view, tasks, comments, or items can be color coded to show priority, assign responsibility, or alert team members of changes. For example, a task moves through the workflow, you can color code it to show which team is currently working on it and automatically change to another color when it’s passed on.
Color coding comments are especially useful as you can alert team members of changes to tasks or projects or remind your team of important meetings or deadlines. This keeps everyone connected and ensures deadlines are being met.
Get Unparalleled Support from JourneyTEAM, a Microsoft Gold Partner
Getting Lists up and running isn’t difficult. If you’re paying for a Microsoft 365 subscription or are part of an Education or Not for Profit plan, Lists will be listed as an additional application. Once it’s opened and a few set-up steps completed, you can get to work creating lists.
To ensure you’re getting the most out of Lists, contact JourneyTEAM. We can show you how to customize features, integrate with Power Automate, and so much more. No matter the level of support you need, we’ll provide it. Contact a JourneyTEAM representative today!
CLICK HERE – To see full article
We are consultants that can help make Microsoft Lists a reality! Visit our website to find out more, or call us now at 800.439.6456.
Article by: Dave Bollard – Head of Marketing | 801-436-6636
JourneyTEAM is an award-winning consulting firm with proven technology and measurable results. They take Microsoft products; Dynamics 365, SharePoint intranet, Office 365, Azure, CRM, GP, NAV, SL, AX, and modify them to work for you. The team has expert level, Microsoft Gold certified consultants that dive deep into the dynamics of your organization and solve complex issues. They have solutions for sales, marketing, productivity, collaboration, analytics, accounting, security and more. www.journeyteam.com