User Review( votes)
Your CRM system gives you a better way to manage your external business interactions and relationships. Everything you need to know about your customer interactions is readily available at any time. While your external processes may be organized, what about your internal processes? If you’ve found that your internal business processes are unorganized and chaotic, Microsoft Lists, the latest information tracking tool from Microsoft, is the solution.
Lists is a new tool that helps you to keep track of the information that’s most valuable to your team with smart, flexible features. We’ll review each of the tools available within Lists and how it can help you better organize your business processes.
What is Lists?
Lists is a tool that allows you to better track, organize, and manage the large amounts of data coming into your office each day. Using pre-made templates and customizable views you can track information all the way up the organization ladder, helping you to keep tasks and projects more organized. Additionally, Lists allows you to easily manage issues, routines, contacts, and inventory and notify staff members of any changing information or updates using alerts and rules.
Unlike Microsoft ToDo, Lists allows users to do more with information and features smarter tools. Additionally, while Microsoft ToDo is available to everyone, Lists is only accessible with a paid subscription to Microsoft 365.
What You Can Do Within Lists
Within Lists, you can do the following:
- Use pre-existing templates to create lists on both mobile and web platforms.
- Create unique views and rules to help teams stay connected.
- Use native integration that can be embedded in a channel.
- Create smart rules, filters, views, and choices.
- Create and manage share links.
- Integrate with Power Platform as well as Power Applications.
- Access favorite tasks from anywhere.
- Share personal lists throughout your organization.
- Create alerts and reminders to keep teams on schedules.
While Lists is still relatively new, the application is powerful, smart, and flexible, helping you to create business solutions in a faster, more efficient way without a lot of coding.
Views Available Within Lists
Presently, Lists features four default views: calendar, gallery, grid, and list.
- Calendar: For projects or tasks that have a tight schedule or deadline, you’ll want to use the calendar view. Everything from the project’s start date to its finish is displayed on a visual calendar, helping team members see when work is due and plan accordingly. This ensures that all work is moving quickly down the workflow and finished on time.
- Gallery: If you’re working on a list or project that features a lot of images, the gallery view helps you to arrange information within the card in organized rows.
- Grid: This is the primary view within Lists. Rows and columns can easily be changed or reconfigured depending on the specific task you’re working on. Grid view is best used if you need to quickly edit or update information.
- List: The list view has a similar format to retired SharePoint lists; however, this view doesn’t feature point and click capabilities as of today.
Lists is designed to track information and tasks based on the unique needs of your team. To help you do so, each view can be further modified for better, more efficient tracking. Color coding is just one example. Say you have a specific approval process for tasks. You could use various colors to show where each task is in the approval process. Items that are currently being reviewed by stakeholders could be colored red and approved items could be colored green.
Color coded comments can also help keep your team organized. For example, each staff member could be assigned a specific color. Should a question or concern arise that they need to review, you can color code it their color so they’ll know to take a look at it. You could also use color coding to alert your team of changes to a task or deadline. This helps to keep your entire team on the same page and ensures work is finished on time.
Ready to Get Started with Lists?
Setting up Lists is very straightforward: just access it from the left-hand menu bar of Microsoft 365. It will be included on the list of Microsoft additional applications.
As soon as you’ve opened Lists, you can start creating customized lists with ease. However, should you need assistance with some of its features or further customize views or features to meet the needs of your team, reach out to a JourneyTEAM representative. We’re a Microsoft Gold Partner with extensive knowledge and experience with Microsoft products. We’ll show you how to make this new tool work for you and provide the exact amount of support you need. Contact us today!
CLICK HERE – To see full article
We are consultants that can help make Microsoft Lists a reality! Visit our website to find out more, or call us now at 800.439.6456.
Article by: Dave Bollard – Head of Marketing | 801-436-6636
JourneyTEAM is an award-winning consulting firm with proven technology and measurable results. They take Microsoft products; Dynamics 365, SharePoint intranet, Office 365, Azure, CRM, GP, NAV, SL, AX, and modify them to work for you. The team has expert level, Microsoft Gold certified consultants that dive deep into the dynamics of your organization and solve complex issues. They have solutions for sales, marketing, productivity, collaboration, analytics, accounting, security and more. www.journeyteam.com