User Review( votes)
Running a business is hard; it takes a lot of work, and business owners need to keep track of so many things just so their company can stay afloat. Luckily, technological advancements have made it possible to use business apps that make everything much easier.
If you’re wondering how to develop an app that suits your business needs, you need to find a team that knows how to develop a custom tool that would be perfect for your company.
But before you do that, take a look at this list and see if any of these off-the-shelf apps seem like a good choice for you.
The popularity of customer relationship management software is rising, as now 91% of businesses with over 11 employees use CRM. Nimble is a great CRM app for those that want to nurture their customer relationships and make communication better and more effective.
With this app, you can:
PowerApps are web-based online forms that collect your data and store it in a central location, making it easy to capture important business information.
If some of your business challenges are unique and you think no app can help you solve them, you should consider building your own custom application with Microsoft PowerApps. This low-code development platform still has enough coding flexibility to help you tackle most business challenges.
For instance, if your business has to deal with a lot of paper forms and electronic documents, you probably need an app that can help you keep up with all of it. Making one from scratch might be tricky, so if you’re a novice in the field of app development, you should take a look at Power Apps consulting services to guide you as you streamline and digitize all forms.
Asana is a project management app that allows your team to keep track of all projects and tasks from start to finish and help you stay organized and on top of all of your tasks.
Some of Asana’s features include:
- Timeline. Create projects that have start dates and dependencies so you can keep track of all deadlines.
- Forms. Make standard work intake processes that will contain all of the essential details about projects and tasks and route all requests.
- Reporting. See how the work is progressing and if employees are staying on schedule by running search reports and deciding where you need to focus your efforts.
- Streamlined communication. Collaborate with all of your employees, vendors, and clients easily to make sure everyone is on the same page at all times.
Zoom is a video conferencing tool that was designed for webinars, virtual meetings, video demonstrations, and conferences. It’s great for small to medium businesses as it can host up to 100 interactive video participants and 10,000 view-only attendees.
Zoom is great for improving team collaboration, especially for companies that have a lot of remote employees that need to stay connected.
With Zoom, you can:
- Host dynamic webinars thanks to its dual-screen support system and dynamic voice detection functionality.
- Share your screen with your team members and use a virtual whiteboard to present diagrams and illustrations.
- Create groups where you can exchange text, image, or audio files easily with the drag-and-drop feature.
- Record your virtual meetings and save them on the cloud in MP4 and M4A video formats.
Source: Google Drive
Google Drive is a cloud-based storage and syncing service that allows you to create, store, edit, and collaborate on documents. It consists of Google Docs, Google Sheets, and Google Slides.
With Google Drive, you can:
- Share documents via email or a private link.
- Set an access level that determines whether the person you shared the document with can only read it, comment on it, or edit it.
- Get quick access thanks to Google Drive’s machine learning that predicts what file you need before you even search for it.
- Search for your files easily by their type, ownership, visibility, and the open-with app.
- Backup and sync any folder on your computer.
- Add metadata by filling out a description field for your files and folders to make them more searchable.
Zapier is an online tool that allows businesses to connect almost all business apps you use and automate processes. It moves between web apps automatically based on the command you set, and you can set up automation without writing a single line of code.
These automatons are called Zaps, and they connect your apps to do repetitive tasks automatically, which allows you to focus on more important work. To create a Zap, all you need to do is choose a trigger and then choose an action that tells Zapier what to do when the trigger occurs.
Zapier connects to over 1,500 apps and has multistep automation, so you can automate practically any web-based repetitive task and thus save hours of work.
Dropbox is a cloud-based storage platform that was designed to reduce busywork by bringing all of your files together in one place.
With Dropbox, you can:
- Bring all content, including Microsoft Office and cloud content, together in one safe place and access and edit them from any device.
- Use the calendar integration that allows you to plan meetings and even suggest content you can use in those meetings such as relevant files and note taking templates.
- Create starred folders to find your most important content quickly and easily.
- Connect other apps you use to Dropbox so you don’t have to switch between apps while working.
Dropbox has plans for individuals and businesses of all sizes, so there is a version of Dropbox for everyone.
Slack is a team messaging app that comes with a plethora of options, tools, and settings. You can use this app to chat with teammates, share files, make calls, and connect with other apps.
Slack allows you to:
- Create channels for any topic, project, or team to create more clarity and order.
- Search through old conversations easily and find important information.
- Collaborate with your team members as well as people from other companies to keep all communications in one place.
- Connect with other apps, such as Google Drive, to streamline your work.
- Share files, videos, photos, and documents from your computer or your cloud storage.
- Create a customized workflow that will automate routine communication and actions.
- Use an encryption key that gives you complete visibility and control of access to your data.
Source: Campaign Monitor
Email marketing is a very profitable marketing tactic. For every 1$ you spend, you can expect an average return of $42. However, to create the best email marketing campaigns and grow engagement, you need to use a great tool.
This is exactly what Campaign Monitor can help you achieve. This tool has all the features that are necessary for creating a professional and beautifully-designed email marketing campaign.
Some of the things you can do with Campaign Monitor include:
- Choosing from hundreds of templates and putting your emails together with the drag-and-drop feature.
- Sending out personalized, beautifully-designed, and branded emails.
- Growing your email list and expanding your business.
- Creating data-driven smart segments.
- Getting insight into your email performance with a full analytics suite.
- Connecting the tool with hundreds of pre-built apps.
Square is an affordable and easy-to-use website builder that has some great features and a free eCommerce plan. It’s easy to sign up for and use this builder, and it’s perfect for small eCommerce stores or brick-and-mortar shops that don’t have a website yet.
With Square, you can:
- Create an impressive-looking website with custom layouts you can design to match your brand.
- Sell your products online and set up different kinds of delivery and pickup or offer curbside pickup.
- If you offer any services remotely, you can provide online booking.
- Integrate with social media websites such as Facebook, Instagram, and Pinterest.
- Set up rates with a built-in shopping calculator.
- Display an unlimited amount of items with individual descriptions and product photos.
- Manage in-store and online orders while keeping your inventory in sync.
A lot of companies are struggling to stay afloat and show consumers why their business is the best on the market. However, you don’t need to work long hours and hire more employees just to be ahead of your competitors.
There are many ways technology can help a small business increase sales. Sometimes all you need to do is utilize some apps that make running a business easier and more efficient than ever before. If you have read this list carefully, you have probably found at least one app that’s perfect for your company.