User Review( votes)
Staying competitive and growing profits is easier now than ever before with enterprise resource planning (ERP) and customer relationship management (CRM) software. Implementing technology solutions empowers organizations to streamline processes and access transformative data in real-time!
Hiring a consultant for your software implementation projects can be just what your SMB needs to maximize your investment. Software implementation can seem overwhelming, especially when you have a million other responsibilities.
So how do you know if you’re getting the best service? And what do you do if you’re not?
Are You Getting the Best Service for Your SMB?
Determining whether you are with the consulting service that will maximize your implementation dollars can be tricky, especially if you don’t know what to look for. Asking yourself the following questions may tell you if it’s time to look elsewhere:
- Am I receiving individualized service? – Every business’s software needs are unique; one business’s system and processes are never going to be identical to another’s. To personalize your experience, your consultant should take the time to get to know your business, giving them the wherewithal to accurately advise you on software solutions that will transform your business and increase profits.
- Am I afforded real-world solutions? – Your consultant should always afford you the luxury of full disclosure. For example, your consultant should acknowledge product limitations and provide you with solutions. Further, they should be upfront when it is inappropriate to upgrade your system (bugs, lack of significant improvements, etc.)
- Am I receiving end–to-end services? – We recommend consulting services that are there for you from the very beginning of your project to well after your go-live date. Your consultant should be your safety net, protecting you from project risks and offering long-term fixes if your technology doesn’t meet your satisfaction.
How do You Escape a Poor Service?
If you answered no to one or more of the questions above, your consulting firm is likely holding you back, but leaving your firm can feel daunting, especially if you must break a service agreement. So, what do you do now?
Odds are, if you are escaping your lackluster consulting firm, you’ll have to break your contract. Here are a few tips to help you get out of the service contract while maintaining your company’s integrity:
- Inform the firm you are dissatisfied with the service – Contacting your consulting firm and outlining your grievances is the best first step. Oftentimes, their customer service team will do their best to fix the problem and provide you with alternative solutions to leaving your contract. They may even offer to let you out of your service early to avoid negative online or word-of-mouth reviews.
- Expect to pay your bill or possible fees – While you don’t want to continue with negative service for the duration of your contract, it is necessary to pay your remaining balance- refusing to pay will only negatively affect your credit score and cause you unnecessary headaches. Further, contracts occasionally have clauses about fees associated with breaking your agreement early; we recommend looking into these fees ahead of time, so you are not caught off guard.
- Be respectful – Regardless of your displeasure with the service, you will always be more successful when you approach your firm with a positive mindset! Politely asking them to let you out of your contract will likely encourage them to be understanding and helpful with the process. Just remember, you’re talking to a service representative, not an enemy!
Where can You Find a Better Service Provider? – the Datix Difference
Now that you’ve left the poor service, how can you be sure you aren’t going to fall back in with another lackluster consulting firm?
First, consider the needs of your company. If you are looking to completely transform your business through software, we recommend finding a firm that provides a variety of software services and solutions and is driven by your success!
At Datix, we offer CRM and ERP consulting with a variant of solutions! We offer hands-on implementation and integration and only hire the most skilled consultants. Our partnerships coupled with our methodology is proven to yield ROI for your business.
Our start-to-finish service means that whether you are in the beginning stages of your implementation or well past your go-live date, we are there to answer questions, mitigate risk, and maximize the volume of your software. Our main concern is helping you optimize your business performance!
Contact one of our experts today to learn more!