User Review( votes)
We continue the Microsoft Dynamics GP to Dynamics 365 podcast series with a conversation focused (mostly) around where D365 Finance and Operations (D365FO) fits into the conversation. (Here are episodes one, two, and three)
In some ways, the path to D365FO could be described as only marginally easier than a migration from GP to any other vendor’s ERP. In other ways it is likely much easier than a move to another vendor. The discussion touches on matters of ERP selection more broadly, including the range of approaches that partners in the Microsoft channel have selected regarding their own ERP product sales strategies. Quite a few partners sell more than one ERP, and for many of those, the other ERP is not a Microsoft product. We also touch on the DevOps debate around Business Central and some of the latest Microsoft incentives to GP customers.
- 1:00 – Quick recap of the first three episodes
- 2:30 – What are renewing GP customers hearing from Microsoft and partners?
- 5:00 – Marketing evaluation: Microsoft’s BREP to CSP incentive and surrounding positioning
- 10:45 – If GP customers don’t select BC straight away, what does ERP selection look like?
- 15:30 – What are signs that a GP customer might be a good fit for evaluating F&O?
- 17:15 – Customer story: How AX/FO dimensional inventory solved a GP customer’s needs
- 27:00 – What drives cost in ERP projects (hint: it’s moving from one to another)
- 30:00 – Why a partner sells both Dynamics ERPs and a competing vendor’s ERP
- 35:00 – The DevOps debate
- 41:30 – Why so many GP partners will never look at F&O, and perhaps why some never should