User Review( votes)
Hello, r/CRM. I'm new to this group so I apologize if this type of question has been asked before.
I've got a tech startup and I need a CRM. I've tried many over the years and have recently used PipeDrive and HubSpot. I'm very comfortable with SaaS and desktop applications (personally, I'm on a Mac). I have been frustrated with how cumbersome these highly regarded solutions can be for some simple tasks. Maybe I'm looking for a contact manager instead of a CRM? Maybe I'm overthinking things? Here is what I want:
- A CRM that will allow me to quickly and easily create, find, and update contacts and companies. I don't want to have to hunt all over the place for a piece of information associated with a contact or company.
- It'd be nice if the software would fill in or provide additional information on a contact or company from the web, but that's not critical.
- I really want to tag my contacts. By this, I mean that I want to use predefined (or created on the fly) tags, like are available on Twitter, etc. So, I might add #investor, #soccer, #Denver, and #MBA to a contact. Or, #vendor and #ISO9001 to a company. I don't want 20 to 50 custom properties. I want one field called "tags" which is where I'd put and search for tags. For more information on how tags are used, see: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tag_(metadata)).
- I want to be able to search for contacts and companies by any field or combination of fields including the tags. So, I might search for someone who is in Miami and has the #MBA tag.
- I want to be able to create lists based on manual selection of contacts or companies, or by searching fields or tags. I want to be able to have as many lists as I want, and to add or delete members of a list on the fly. Some lists could be static (manually selected). Others could be dynamic and updated based on searches at the time it's being used.
- I want to be able to create simple text and HTML emails and send them to a contact, a company, or a list.
- I'd like to know if a sent email message (or messages) bounced or were opened (and when).
I currently use Google GSuite for email (and Gmail for my front-end)., if knowing that helps.
I will very much appreciate any feedback or recommendations!
Thank you 🙂