User Review( votes)
ProProfs chat is another live chat solution that integrates with both Dynamis 365 CE as well as CRM On Premise. Recently I wrote about PowerChat which is another live chat solution that works on both online and on premise version of Dynamics CRM.
In this post we’d see how quickly we can setup the integration and be up and running and also compare it with PowerChat.
Navigate to https://www.proprofs.com/chat/integrations/microsoft-dynamics/ to get the details and click on Try Chat Free to get started.
After creating the account, go to Integration option and select Microsoft Dynamics and set the toggle switch on.
Specify the Dynamics CRM URL, Dynamics CRM Account, on-premise or online and should lead, contact and case should be auto created or not.
Once enabled, go to Installation option and copy the code and paste it on the website or page.
As soon as the visitor starts the chat, the agent will receive the Invite.
The agent can see the details of the visitor like location, device etc.
The customer can end the chat and give rating as shown below.
The agent gets the notification that user has ended the chat.
As configured, we can see the case, lead and contact record created in Dynamics 365 CE, with description having the chat transcript.
To add agents, we can choose the Add Operator option
Routing order gives the option of specifying the sequence of operator accepting chats if chat routing is enabled. Similarly, visitor can select the operation they want to interact with as specified by Allow Operator Selection option.
For different business units having different websites/ pages, we would want them to be served by different operators, herein we can use Departments.
Department will have a code which we need to place under the ProfProfs Chat code to send chat to that specific department.
Also, for Admin, there are Reports available Summary, Rating, Operator, Timesheet, Visitor.
Theme settings à
Chat Window Settings à
Real Time Monitoringà
Comparing the ProProfs Chat with PowerChat with regards to Dynamics CRM integration à
- PowerChat provides a managed solution that we import inside our Dynamics CRM, then we register through the configuration page of that solution to get started. In case of ProProfs there is no solution file. We register at their site.
- PowerChat Users are Dynamics CRM Users and can chat with visitors from within Dynamics # CRM. In ProProfs Chat, the operators are not the crm users and their account needs to be created / added separately.
- PowerChat allows different Chat Widgets to be created, to be used in different web pages or web sites. Agents can be associated to the Chat Widgets. In ProProfs Chat, there is concept of Departments to achieve the same.
- PowerChat allows agents the option to create lead/ contact/case records manually during the chat. In ProProfs Chat, the lead /contact/ case records are auto created based on the configuration, we can select which records to be created.
- PowerChat auto creates PowerChat Activity record for each chat which has all the details of the chat. ProProfs Chat doesn’t create any other records expect lead/contact/case inside Dynamics CRM.
- They both have the option of configuring the chat windows, fields to be added, snippets to be reused during chat, multi agent support.
- PowerChats is natively integrated with Dynamics CRM, so the CRM Users do not have to be working on 2 different applications. However, ProProfs brings in with it lot more features like routing chat to another operator, co-browsing, APIs support, Reports, Real Time Visitor monitoring etc.
Check the guide here to see all the features
Hope it helps..